In Chinese, soups are quite important especially for autumn and winter days, and specifically the herbal soups. Popular for their herbs, those ingredients (Hwai Shan, Lien Ci, Gen Shi, White Fungus, Red Dates) inside the soups are believed to be beneficial for our bodies to keep and maintain our health especially in the rainy season.
Still from chef Yvonne Yuen who specialise in Chinese cuisine, here she shares this healthy recipe as the rainy season is approaching. If you know your friends or family getting sick, try show your affection by making this soup for them as a get-well-soon wish. Whether for healing or to keep our health, this recipe of ours surely will do you good.
Cantonese Style Fish And Red Apple Herbal Soup
- 2 pcs red apple
- 1 whole fish (gourami)
- 4 slices of ginger
- 2 lt water
- Chinese herbal (Hwai Shan, Lien Ci, Gen Shi, White Fungus, Red Dates)
- Wash apple, cut into 4 pcs.
- Wash and soak all the Chinese herbal for 30 minutes, trim the white fungus.
- Wash the fish and pat dry with towel, then heat up 5 tbsp cooking oil to fried the fish both sides, until golden brown.
- Pour in 2 lt of boiling water.
- Put in ginger, apples, and soaked Chinese herbal, boil with medium fire for 2 hours.
- Add salt to serve.